Van Gogh Exhibit at the Tate Britain

Wednesday, June 26

Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue and grey, Look out on a summers day...

I looked forward to this exhibit more than anything else.  I don't know when my love for Van Gogh began but after seeing this exhibit I feel an new found respect for him not only as an artist but as someone who encouraged and supported other artists.  I can't even put into words the scope of his talent.  The graphite pencil drawings and watercolor pictures, so detailed and full of expression.  The way he captured light and moments.  I wonder what his photographs would have looked like had he been behind the lens.  
I am going to let a few of the photographs of his work speak for themselves.
Graphite pencil: The details, the light...

Sunflowers
I might have shed a few tears in front of this painting.

Pair of boots: 

Self portrait


Van Gogh's Chair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sights & Sounds of Bath, UK and London

Let's draw desserts!

Merging Art with Reading, Math and Science